First things first...

Hello world, it's Dina here!

First things first, this project I will be starting has been at the back of my mind for years now. It's been that annoying voice telling you to stop being a whimsy kid and start rolling the ball on what you really want to do a.k.a. Your life calling.

These days, technology makes it easy to share whatever passions you may have: be it painting, blogging, singing or dancing, cooking or simply sharing your opinion on recent events- like Miley Cyrus's hammer licking video ( props Miley, atta girl! Your immune system is now stronger). So I've decided to use it and abuse it, just like the rest of us! I used to be anti-Facebook and other social channels because I thought it is a waste of time. My current answer is... It's super healthy in small dosages!

Anyways, point is, the only thing that held me back, and I suppose many other people around the world, was fear. Fear of doing what you like and being judged by your family, friends, co-workers, your partner... Also, fear of failure, which is so highly regarded by those who don't understand success. You see, most people believe that when you have a dream and the ambition to make it happen, things should go smoothly - after all what could go wrong? If others see that you have a talent and you are a 'natural', success will come. Period!

Well, not everything we wish for is going be a success from the beginning, and as you should know by now, your journey is not about the final destination, but the bruises and bumps you get along the way. At times, being fired is the best thing that could happen to people so long they have a strong sense of self-worth or the support system to nurture their pain and gather their true aspirations to a fresh new start; a start that says ' This is who I am, and this is what I'm worth. No negotiating'. On the other hand, griefing over any loss is healthy- it makes you realize how bad misery feels like, and
it pushes you to reevaluate your entire life.

What's my best advice to being friends with the demons of the dark? Talk to others! Sometimes, other people you've just met, or known for a life time, can help you see past your fears. Truth is, perseverance and strategy will help you transcend dreams into reality. Asking friends and family is unfortunately not always the best strategy. Reason behind it is: knowledge shortage. Whatever your big dream is and wherever your passion lies may not resonate with anybody in your social network, not because they don't love you enough to support your, but because they may not have the knowledge to guide you thought to reaching your true potential.

So, my journey starts here! If you haven't met me before, Hi! I'm Dina and I love living in the present and making every second count. I used to be afraid of my stunning shinning-start light, but am not anymore. I want to make you realize that life is for living - stopping and smelling the liliacs, remembering the scents of the past, and daring to be pinched by thorns when reaching for the roses of tomorrow.

My living in the present is focused towards our senses: touch, scent, taste, sight, sound, emotion... When I see a pillow, I want to touch it and feel the material. When I spot roses in my neighbours' garden, I sneak in at night and smell them. Please don't tell on me! When my heart is broken, I cry. Acknowledging the present will allow you to discover who you really are, and what makes you happy. And the problem with this is that people cannot wrap their head around the idea of being happy ALL. THE. TIME. I always get that 'why is she smiling?' look. It's like saying: why are you feeling good? Can't you just be numb like the rest of us? Well, NO!

So, I've decided that I will do just that - enjoy the present and what life has to offer. Learn about cultures, traditions, food, drinks, dances, nature.... Whatever my thirst for knowledge is, I will pursue it AND - are you ready for this? - share it with you! Knowledge is so powerful, cultures are so diverse and yet we are so detached from one another because we never stop and wonder what else is out there? There is nothing wrong with having a favourite place for brunch or getting Tim Horton's coffee every day! I want you to have that corner cafe that makes your day so much better, so long you share it with me, so I can share it with the world! Don't be that selfish, EH! Share some lovin', would ya?

To rephrase, I want you to start planning a tid more on where you want to go with your life. I want you to die for Saturday to come by so you can go to this patisserie and try this croissant. Get excited about your trip to Ukraine. Get a bit more flexible while doing yoga on the coast of California. Leave your inhibitions behind, and salsa on the streets of Puerto Rico. You get the point. There is nothing more valuable than the present and enjoying each second. Though I am not a huge fan of this company's ethics, their logo says it all :"JUST DO IT". It's just that simple!

So what will Dina Around the World give you? The passion and motivation to start your day. The dishes you want to savour while in your home town or traveling. The great lounges and bars to hang out with your friends or meet new people. The coolest new dance move after the dougie. And many more things that I may not think of right now, but will definitely learn, you know why? Because I live in the present, and we can never underestimate the power of the unknown!

Here is my first video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0qzL3o0yac&feature=youtu.be

So here is what I want you to do!

1. Get excited about your life
2. Subscribe to my YouTube channel via: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZumbaWithDina/
3. Tell your friends: " This Saturday, we are meeting for coffee at ....", and then leave a comment and let me know how you liked the place.
4. Share your favourite places in the world/country/city with me so I can further pass it along to others.
5. Love one another - there is nothing more powerful than allowing yourself to feel loved and love.






Comments

  1. I hate to be the first to post on your blog, but I've known you for over 8 years and I know how crazy and passionate you get for food, dance, travelling and life in general ....and for all of you who will be subscribing and reading this blog, Dina will definitely teach you something! I am very excited and can't wait for all of the videos....let's blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaawww.. Blondi! I have a tear in my eye! I LOVE it that you are my first comment - you deserve this spot! Lots of love to you my back-up dancer. You and I will be having so much fun for the rest of our lives because we LOVE LIVING IN THE PRESENT! Let's blog out butts off and shimmy and shake and wiggle and giggle Woo!

      Delete
  2. I like your enthusiasm and I can hardly wait to discover new things with you :D
    You know, I really like what you told me once: You can always make more money, but you can never 'make' more time. It made me see things differently and I thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alinaaaaa... why you say that 10 million miles away? I can't even give you a hug and start balling my eyes out! You have been such a great friend - even when I sat my fat a$$ on your desk and broke it, even when I pushed you to go out when you didn't want to, even when I snored in your bedroom. At times, it's hard, and painful, to look back at my life in Romania, remember all the great friends I have and not be able to call them and say : let's meet in 40 mins at Boema or wherever else we used to go. Even though I don't sat it rarely, I do miss you a lot! And I am glad that I could make a tiny change in the way you enjoy life and all its little moments :). I <3 U!

      Delete
    2. I miss you too, honey >:D<

      Delete
  3. Congratulation, it is a great idea !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mommy! Your support will always give me the wings I need to fly! Love you!

      Delete
    2. Love you too GIRL !!!! ((( ... don't forget to take me with you around the world !!!)))))

      Delete
  4. Yo Andrinaaa....congrats on starting this project!! U just needed a little push and you're already spreading your wings and flying:) Fly my little birdie, fly!! U have all my support! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yooooo, unknown user ;) Keep commenting- your opinion and criticism keeps me going. Share that awesome mind you have!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog